On The Ground participants will experience a unique resident-led learning journey of two different neighborhoods at our anti-conference. The learning journeys are unique to Grassroots Grantmakers and will:
- Explore multiple community investment topics.
- Reflect on traditional community improvement strategies.
- Imagine bold new ways of involving, developing and empowering residents to enhance communities.
Each learning journey of our two neighborhoods will explore an aspect of community development, such as:
- Building social capital.
- Leveraging financial capital.
- Launching small businesses through social entrepreneurship.
- Identifying human assets and deploying resident gifts and talents.
- Rebuilding and redesigning communities that suffered from decades of disinvestment and demographic change.
- Exploring the role of youth engagement and empowerment strategies, addressing social justice issues that contribute to disconnection and marginalization.